Saturday 1 February 2014

The Dissapointing Return to YOLO

I'm not in the habit of posting negative reviews. , I prefer to write about food I like and enjoy. That's the great thing about not getting paid for my writing - I can write what I want. 

Today however I feel I have to moan about something. Not because the eating experience was bad in itself, but because a few days ago I was going on about how great it was, so my credibility is at stake here ;)

Those of you who follow my blog will remember that I visited YOLO Pizzeria recently and couldn't stop singing the praises of their mouthwatering pizzas.  On Friday night we went back to YOLO with friends from Germany who were staying at our AirtBnB cottage, expecting the same great taste experience.

Like the first time we went there the service was so-so. We'd booked a table, and when we arrived and wanted to sit down a half drunk woman was sitting at our table, clearly not having anything from the restaurant. Our table was outside and we had to do the "eviction” ourselves.  I must say that in Yolo's defense they would probably have done it if we asked, but it was an unsavoury start to our evening. 

I ordered the same pizza as before - the Pizza a l'OriTolana Port'Alba  on a sun dried tomato and rosemary crust. Disappointingly It didn't taste the same. The crust tasted like the standard crust. I asked the waitress to change it, but the cook was adamant he'd used the sun dried tomato and rosemary crust. So I ate the pizza very unenthusiastically and disappointed. 

It was still a good Pizza but not the best in town. I missed the flavour dimension that the sun dried tomato and rosemary crust added on my previous visit to YOLO.

Later on I saw the owner, Percy arriving and called him over. He replaced the pizza, and this time it was the real thing! 


I get the impression that Percy is the heart and soul of YOLO pizzeria and if he is not there the quality and service deteriorates and loses its edge.


Will I go again? The answer is definitely yes, the fist experience was so great that I will  give YOLO one more time to impress me. Mistakes happen, but watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment